About the Journal
- This journal will be published biannually, JUNE and DECEMBER.
- This is an OPEN ACCESS journal.
- This journal will be published in ENGLISH.
- This journal indexed in international databases. This journal is a double blind peer-reviewed journal.
- This journal does not charge any article submission and processing fees.
- All authors must get an ORCID ID from https://orcid.org/register.
Advanced Transportation Journal, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Aims and scope
The Advanced Transportation Journal (ATJ) is a double blind peer-reviewed worldwide journal dedicated to improving the efficiency, reliability, and safety of transportation systems.
It publishes original research articles that detail theoretical and innovative approaches to multi-modal transportation network analysis, design, operation, and planning. Subjects covered include, but are not limited to:
- Transit systems
- Travel behavior modeling
- Urban rail and bus systems
- Active mode (cyclist and pedestrian) modeling studies
- Shared mobility planning and operations
- Traffic flow theory and control
- Sensor technology for road vehicles
- Traffic safety
- Airline operations
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), including automated and/or connected vehicles
- Soft computing techniques (such as fuzzy logic, genetic algorithms, artificial neural networks, machine learning, and expert systems) used in the planning, design, and operations of transport systems
- Optimum design of transport structures
- Slope supports structures, rockfall preventing systems and soil improvement methods constructed in the planning and design of the transport systems like retaining walls, gabion cages, gabion wire mesh, geoarme structures with geosynthetic or reinforced etc.
ATJ also publishes targeted review articles that analyze the state of the art, identify new trends. Case study papers will only be considered if they report on novel transportation systems about which little information is available.