A Correlation Study for Determination Risk Area of Dengue Fever and Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever: a Case Study of Sisaket Province, Thailand
- Geographic information system,
- Dengue fever,
- Dengue Hemorrhagic fever,
- Risk zone map,
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Advanced Geomatics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This study has purpose on analyzing risk zone area in Sisaket province, Thailand, by using the subdistrict-level (Tumbon) data in sick ratio, average temperature, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, relative humidity, precipitation, population density, and housing density. The meteorological data are acquired from POWER, NASA. The data is stored in points, griding by 30 minutes of latitude and longitude, going through the inverse distance weighting tool to interpolate the meteorological data into each Tumbon. The physical socio data are from government authority, are population from each Tumbon by monthly and housing amount from each Tumbon by yearly. The authority of meteorological data in Thailand officially only has the weather measuring stations in the middle of the province. The surrounding province also do not have sufficient station to interpolate the weather data, as well as the southern of the province is Thai-Cambodia border area with no station or data, leaving the vast area in the south has no data. Statistic yearly results show that average maximum and minimum temperature are significantly positive correlated with sick ratio while average relative humidity and precipitation are significantly negative correlated. Meanwhile, monthly results show that average temperature and average maximum temperature are significantly negative correlated with sick ratio while average minimum temperature, relative humidity and precipitation are significantly positive correlated. In both yearly and monthly results, population density and housing density are not significantly correlate with the sick ratio, as well as the average temperature in the yearly result.
- Andrew B, L. (2010). Hotspot detection and clustering: Ways and means. Springer Science+Business Media.
- Atiwath, W. (2010). Factors Associated With Prevention and Control Behavior Toward Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever Among People Srisaket Province. (Master of Public Health Promotion). Ubon Ratchathani Rajabhat University,
- Ausawadee, T., Apiwat, T., Jakkrawarn, S. & Phayu, P. (2016). Mosquitoes. Ministry of Public Health.
- Bosilovich, G. M., Luccgesi, R., & Suarez, M. (2016). MERRA-2: File Specification. NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Budsara, T. (2013). Dengue Fever and Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever in Chaoprayayomraj Hospital. Journal of Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute, 7.
- Bureau of Communicable Diseases Led by Insects. (2019). Dengue Fever Situation Report. Department of Disease Control,: Ministry of Public Health,
- Chitti, C., Jariya, K., Thanyapak, M., Wannisa, S., Ekarat, D., Suwannapa, N. & Uruyakorn, C. (2021). Dengue risk areas for Thailand from Aedes ovitrap survey and dengue cases analysis with Geographic Information System. Journal of Department of Medical Sciences, 1.
- Department of Disease Control. (2019a). Dengue Fever
- Department of Disease Control. (2019b). Dengue Heamorrhagic Fever.
- Department of Provicial Administration, D. (2021). Official statistics registration systems.
- Deronda Alyssa, & et al. (2018). JASP Manual. Seton Hall University.
- Jantanee, B., Supan, K., Kaew, N. & Narong, P. (2017). A correlation study between weather, density of houses and the outbreak for determination the risk area of the Dengue Hemorrhagic fever of the Banglamung District, Chon Buri Province. Journal of Geoinformatics, Burapha University (3).
- Jiratiwan, K. (2006). Geographic Information System for Determining Dengue Fever Risk Areas in Changwat Nakhon Ratchasima. (Master of Arts Program in Geography). Chulalongkorn University,
- Kamphaeng Phet public health office. (2019). DF, DHF, DSS of 2019 reports.
- Kanchana, N. & Nitin Kumar Tripathi. (2005). An Information Value based Analysis of Physical and Climatic Factors Affecting Dengue Fever and Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever Incidence. International Journal of Health Geographics.
- Keerati Ponpetch. (2008). Geographic Information System for Prevention and Control Planning of Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever in Phetchaburi Province. (Master of Science). Silpakorn University, Graduate School.
- Liu, K., Suna, J., Liu, X., Li, R., Wang, Y., Lu, L., . . . Liu, Q. (2018). Spatiotemporal patterns and determinants of dengue at county level in China from 2005–2017. International Journal of Infectious Diseases(77).
- Montree Lorlertsakul, & Arnond Sakworawich. (2017). Spatial Regression Model Predicting Condominium Price per Square Meter in Bangkok. Academic Journal of Architecture, 66.
- Hegazi, M. A., Bakarman, M. A., Alahmadi, T. S., Butt, N. S., Alqahtani, A. M., Aljedaani, B. S., & Almajnuni, A. H. (2020). Risk factors and predictors of severe dengue in Saudi population in Jeddah, Western Saudi Arabia: a retrospective study. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 102(3), 613.
- Sarfraz, M. S., Tripathi, N. K., Tipdecho, T., Thongbu, T., Kerdthong, P., & Souris, M. (2012). Analyzing the spatio-temporal relationship between dengue vector larval density and land-use using factor analysis and spatial ring mapping. BMC public health, 12(1), 1-19.
- Natharin Dechasiripong (2014). Mathematical Model for Analysis of Dengue Fever Spreading Risk Areas Based on Climatic Factors. (Doctor of Philosophy in Social Development and Environmental Management). National Institute of Development Administration,
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration, N. (2021a). NASA Prediction Of Worldwide Energy Resources.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration, N. (2021b). POWER Data Access Viewer.
- Nattaporn Soontorn. (2020). The Kernel Density Estimation for Crime Analysis: A Case Study in Three Provinces Southern of Thailand. (Master of Science in Geoinformatics). Burapha University,
- Nutjaree Charoenboonwanon. (2009). An Application of Geoinformatic Systems for Determining Flood Retention Areas: A case Study of Nakhon Pathom Province. (Master of Science (Technology of Information System Management)). Mahidol University,
- Padejsak Chobtum. (2008). Factors Rellated To Medical Care Cost of Children with Dengue Disease in Khon-Kaen Hospital, Thailand. (Master of Science (Public Health)). Mahidol University,
- Patcharin Sermkarndee, Jakkrit Manwicha, & Rattana Khunchoo. (2016). Risk Areas Analysis of Dengue Fever Using Geographic Information Systems, Hatyai District, Songkhla Province. Paper presented at the 7th Hatyai National and international Academic Conference, Hatyai University.
- Pawin Imudom. (2020). Analyzing Spatial Accessibility to the Government Hospitals in Chonburi, Thailand. (Master of Engineering in Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing). Wuhan University,
- Jeefoo, P., Tripathi, N. K., & Souris, M. (2011). Spatio-temporal diffusion pattern and hotspot detection of dengue in Chachoengsao province, Thailand. International journal of environmental research and public health, 8(1), 51-74.
- Pitchaya Nimitkul. (2012). Study of Population Distribution Model Using Land Use Data by Spatial Statistical Method: Case Study of Suphanburi Province. (Masteer of Science Program in Spatial Information System in Engineering). Chulalongkorn University,
- Prangthip Buafueang. (2013). A study of the application of Geographic Information System (GIS) for studying the spread of Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever (DHF) outbreak within Tamai District, Chanthaburi. (Master of Science (Environmental Management) ). National Institute of Development Administration,
- Royal Thai Survey Department, R. (2021). Administration Shapefiles.
- Sanchai Eiamprasert. (2011). Comparison of Spatial Daily Rainfall Amount Interpolation Methods by Using Geographic Information System at Chao-Phra-Ya Flood Plain. (Master of Science in Environmental Management)). National Institute of Development Administration,
- Hassarangsee, S., Tripathi, N. K., & Souris, M. (2015). Spatial pattern detection of tuberculosis: a case study of Si Sa Ket Province, Thailand. International journal of environmental research and public health, 12(12), 16005-16018.
- Wongkoon, S., Jaroensutasinee, M., & Jaroensutasinee, K. (2016). Spatio-temporal climate-based model of dengue infection in Southern, Thailand. Trop Biomed, 33(1), 55-70.
- Siriyaporn Khuntason. (2008). Factors Related to Shock Among Dengue Patients in Khon Kaen Hospital, Thailand. (Master of Science (Public Health)). Mahidol University,
- Sisaket provincial public health office. (2021). Dengue Fever and Dengue Heamorrhagic Fever Incidences of Sisaket Province 2010-2019.
- Lauer, S. A., Sakrejda, K., Ray, E. L., Keegan, L. T., Bi, Q., Suangtho, P., ... & Reich, N. G. (2018). Prospective forecasts of annual dengue hemorrhagic fever incidence in Thailand, 2010–2014. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 115(10), E2175-E2182.
- Suppawan Promprou (2005). The Effects of Socio-Cultural and Climatic Factors on Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever in Southern Thailand. (Doctor of Philosophy in Computational Science). Walailak University,
- Tassanee Silawan (2008). The Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Dengue Infection in Northeastern Thailand. (Doctor of Philosophy). Mahidol University,
- Teeranai Srithamarong (2016). Crime Risk Area Assesment Based Geo-Spatial Statistics. (Master of Science Program in Environmental Science Thesis). Silpakorn University, Graduate School.
- Sriklin, T., Kajornkasirat, S., & Puttinaovarat, S. (2021). Dengue Transmission Mapping with Weather-Based Predictive Model in Three Southernmost Provinces of Thailand. Sustainability, 13(12), 6754.
- Thai Meteorological Department, T. (2022). Seasons of Thailand.
- Thai National Institute of Health. (2010). Biology and Control of Insects Lead to Public Health Problems. Ministry of Public Health.
- The Bureau of Registration Administration. (2021). Official Statistics Registration Systems.
- The National Geo-Informatics Board. (2013). Policy Standard of Fundamental Geographic Data Set (FGDS) Landuse Data Layers. Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research, and Innovation
- Toshiro Tango. (2010). Statistical Methods for DiseaseClustering: Springer Science+Business Media.
- Kittichai, V., Montriwat, P., Chompoosri, J., Bhakdeenuan, P., Pengsakul, T., Tawatsin, A., ... & Siriyasatien, P. (2015). Relationships between dengue virus infection in mosquito vector,(Aedes aegypti), dengue cases and weather conditions in Samut Sakhon Province, Thailand. Chula Med J, 59(4), 347-63.
- World Health Organization. (2018). Dengue vaccine: WHO position paper. Weekly Epidemiological Record.