Advantages and Disadvantages of Laser Scanning with ViDoc Rtk Antenna: Ali Cafer Kümbeti
- Historical Buildings,
- Laser Scanning,
- ViDoc RTK,
- Ali Cafer Kümbeti
How to Cite
The first step in accurate and scientific documentation for the preservation of historical buildings is to measure them accurately with a minimum margin of error. Today, with the advancement of technology, laser scanning systems are widely used for this documentation process. With laser scanning, the dimensions, form and details of an architectural structure can be measured and recorded quickly and accurately. Laser scanning systems not only provide measurement data, but also allow the creation of three-dimensional models of these data, providing speed and convenience in the production of project drawings. The data obtained also provides access to wide audiences through the digital archive method in order to protect the structures and transfer them to future generations. IOS mobile laser scanning, a laser scanning technology developed in recent years, has made it possible to perform laser scanning in the documentation of historical buildings using the cameras of IOS devices with Lidar feature. However, since these devices use their own location services, they cause shifts in the images obtained from the scans and make it difficult to place the scans in the coordinate system. Since the use of this method alone does not provide accurate measurement data and increases the margin of error, it requires additional software. In this study, scans performed using the IOS device with the ViDOC RTK (Real Time Kinematics) Antenna were evaluated. Within the scope of the study, the measurement stages of Ali Cafer Kumbet, one of the important components of our cultural heritage, which was scanned using the ViDOC RTK antenna on the IOS device, were examined; the purposes for which the obtained data can be used were determined and their advantages and disadvantages were evaluated.
- Akok, M. (1970). Kayseri’de Dört Mezar Anıtı. Türk Etnografya Dergisi, 62, 12-23.
- Ali Cafer Kümbeti (2015). Kayseri Kültür Envanteri içinde (1. Baskı, Cilt 1). Kayseri: Kayseri Büyükşehir Belediyesi Kültür Yayınları
- Barrile, V., Fotia, A., Candela, G. & Bernardo, E. (2019). Geomatics Techniques for Cultural Heritage Dissemination in Augmented Reality: Bronzi di Riace Case Study. Heritage, 2(3), 2243-2254.
- Campi, M., di Luggo, A. & Falcone, M. (2021). Photogrammetric Processes and Augmented Reality Applications Using Mobile Devices. The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, XLVI-M (1), 101–106.
- Diez, E. & Aslanapa, O. (1955). Türk Sanatı. İstanbul Üniversitesi Edebiyat Fakültesi Yayınları, İstanbul, 80.
- Edhem, H. (1982). Kayseri Şehri (Yayına Hazırlayan Kemal Göde). Kültür ve Turizm Bakanlığı Yayınları, Ankara, 131.
- Gabriel, A. (1931). Monuments Turcs D’Anatolie I (Kayseri Niğde). De Boccard, Paris, 81
- Murtiyoso, A., Grussenmeyer, P., Landes, T. & Macher, H. (2021). First Assessments into the Use of Commercial-Grade Solid State Lidar for Low-Cost Heritage Documentation, ISPRS - International Archives of the Photogrammetry. Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, XLIII(B2), 599–604.
- Ortiz-Sanz, J., Gil-Docampo, M., Rego-Sanmartin, T., Arza-García, M., Tucci, G., Parisi, E. I., Bonora, V. & Mugnai, F. (2021). D3MOBILE Metrology World League: Training Secondary Students on Smartphone-Based Photogrammetry. ISPRS - International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, XLIII(B5), 235-241.
- Rice, T. T. (1961). The Seljuks in Asia Minor. Thames and Hudson, Londra, s.202.
- Shih, N.-J, Diao P.-H, Qiu, Y.-T & Chen, T.-Y, (2021). Situated AR Simulations of a Lantern Festival Using a Smartphone and LiDAR-Based 3D Models. Applied Sciences, 11(1), 12.
- Spreafico, A., Chiabrando, F., Teppati Losè, L., & Giulio Tonolo, F. (2021). The ipad pro built-in lidar sensor: 3d rapid mapping tests and quality assessment. The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, 43, 63-69.
- Şahin, M. (2021). Kayseri Ali Cafer Kümbeti Sorunsalı. Ed: Yılmaz, G., Güner, Y., Güray Gülyüz, B., Uygun Yazıcı, S., Gürkan, E., Seviç, F.) Ortaçağ ve Türk Dönemi Kazılarıve Sanat Tarihi Araştırmaları XXIII içinde (s. 532-546). ISBN: 978-975-374-296-2
- Vlachos, A., Polyzou, A. & Economides, A. A. (2022). Photogrammetry with LiDAR iPad Pro. In: Proceedings of EDULEARN 2022, 14th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, 9555-9563. Palma de Mallorca, Spain, 4-6 July. IATED. doi: 10.21125/edulearn.2022.2308
- Yanar, Ş. (2008). Türkiye Selçukluları ve Beylikler Devrinde Kayseri’de Kültürel Hayat. Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Sakarya Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, 191p (in Turkish)